Monday, February 4, 2013

My Woods

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It's a quiet morning.
A few birds singing to my cats
but other than that, it's quiet.

Makes me think about my love of these woods.
My home is set down a long driveway.
Trees surround me on three sides.
It's like my own wooded area
set inside a sort of crowded neighborhood.

I find myself staying home a lot.
If I don't need to go out,
why leave this peace.

Even in the colder months,
this place is still a calm in the storm that is my life.
When it's warm, oh the woods come alive.
Not that they aren't always
but the movement is more noticeable.
Birds, butterfly's, owls, coyotes, deer.
They all make noise and visit my woods.

Only today, while it's quiet,
I think of the wonder of nature.
My love for it.
I have always enjoyed a walk or stroll,
as I have never walked fast.
Always stepping slowly while taking in
all the goodness that is around me.

If I could, I'd probably live in my woods
forever and only come out into the noise
when I absolutely had to.

Oh, that's what I do now.

Enjoy your quiet and peace
where ever you find it.

~ JC ~

1 comment:

Just Mags said...

Oh, if I were so talented I could have written this myself. I love it just the way you speak of here. The sounds of nature and peace are the best ever! Hugs

Wave