Thursday, March 28, 2013

As The Sun Shines

~ ~ ~
And as they say,
time heals all things.
Most, some .. one or two.
And who is they?
My Mother told me lots of things.
Her Mother told her and so on.
I told my children.
Like, busy as a bee.
That one I understood.
 
This all leads to me getting just a bit better.
I mentally am sort of healed.
Still waiting til the end of next week.
That's when I have my last mini surgery.
I will then know if this latest kidney surgery has worked.
I still may have troubles, as I did last time,
but I'll know more next weekend.
 
I sit here thinking.
Dare I do that.
I cannot stand or walk too much
without a lot of pain.
(when you have major kidney surgery
they send you home with extras
which have to stay with you
for six weeks.)
 
So, even though I am feeling
a bit better, I cannot do a lot.
I sit, think,
nap, plan,
hope and count the days.
 
If I forget for a moment,
do too much,
I have to go get a pain pill.
Just a half of one helps a lot.
 
This being so sick,
makes one think in short term.
I just want to enjoy my day.
I want that ever elusive peace
that I've mentioned so many times.
 
This thinking stuff makes me
realize that I've been sick
a lot in my years.
Too much really.
Mostly due to spine
or kidney problems.
Things that I have no real control over.
 
It does make me think
about my life
and what I've done
and what I've not.
 
I watch a lot.
I mentally write things down.
Could I have done better,
you bet ...
will I from now on ...
I hope so.
 
And, as the sun shines
through my window,
I have made a list
of what I'd like to do today.
 
I am as always hopeful.
 
~ JC ~

1 comment:

Just Mags said...

Hoping you will be all well very, very soon sweet friend. Hugs

Wave