Monday, February 13, 2012

Pie and Coffee

~ ~ ~
I remember one year I made him
a cream cheese pie with cherries on top.
It took me quite a while to get it done.
I'm not a cook and wasn't then.
I did do the graham cracker crust pretty well.
Poured in the creamy middle.
Found a jar of cherries at the store.
All in all, it looked and tasted fabulous.
Clean up was a total disaster zone though.
Why does it do that ?
Kitchens and dishes and what it takes to clean up afterwards.
Anyway, he liked it.
I remember bringing it to him.
He sat in his chair and drank his coffee.
Always always coffee.
I wish I could get that day back.
It's been so long since I've seen him.
My memories are forgetting.
I did actually almost forget today.
It's been twenty one years.
I wish he was still sitting in his chair.
Waiting for me to stop by
so we could talk over a cup of coffee.
Maybe I'd bring a store bought cake this time.

~ JC ~

( Today is my Dad's birthday.
He's been gone twenty one years.)

No comments:

Wave