Friday, November 11, 2011

She Writes On Fridays

                       ~  ~  ~                     
If I walked slow enough,
I'd miss the bus.
That would give me enough time
to go into the library and find my corner.
The one on the top floor,
 where I sat and read my books.
I wasn't in a hurry anyway.
I've always liked to just stroll.
Walk slowly while watching the world.
I always have.
I take in most everything that some don't notice.
The leaves on the ground.
The wind blowing.
While I was inside reading about grand adventures,
others stood waiting by the trees.
I would eventually go out there.
I always had my other eye on the clock.
No need to be early for standing in that line.
Adventures to read about.
Later while I road on the bus,
 I'd be thinking about what I had read.
Only this time it was me
traveling in time and dealing
and homework machines.

~ JC ~

1 comment:

Becky's Barnyard said...

Libraries are always a good place; so is walking through the woods.

Wave