Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Do Remember That Day

~ ~ ~
I remember sitting there.
I had almost forgotten to do it.
Time was getting away from us.
I woke her from a nap.
She was in her favorite spot.
I was ready.
I held her for that moment.
She wasn't happy.
I'm not sure she even knew or remembered.
And, time it went along.
She went back to sleep.
I finished cleaning up.
Years later when I see it,
I remember that day.
I remember her.
It's been long enough that I have forgotten.
I don't think about her like I used to.
Isn't that a shame.
She was the love of my life.
And, I forget about her.
Only when I look I see two old ladies.
I do remember that day.

~ JC ~

Written about a photo of my cat,
Cashmere & I posing in front 
of the Holiday tree almost a long
long time ago.

1 comment:

critterlover said...

I'm sure you think of her more often than you realize. I have pictures of my beloveds on the wall in the hallway, I think of them daily. We never forget the loves of our lives.

Wave