Sunday, July 15, 2012

At Least For Today

~ ~ ~ * * * ~ ~ ~
I am at peace for now.
The sun has brought me back.
Mentally that is.
I've sat in the warmth for days.
Thought of the past and dream of the new.
Spent my days rocking in my chair.
Sitting by the water just looking.

My pain is less.
Still there though.
Enough to remind me that I'm
not the same old cat lady who
lives in the woods.

It has given me hope.
Maybe with time
and ice, I can get better.

I goal is to drive.
To walk about at the grocery store.
That's a silly one but so needed.
You wouldn't believe what my
family brings home. Yikes !!!

I'd like to be able to stand
and make morning coffee.

To clean up the kitchen.

There are so many things
that require standing on
a leg that I'll let you make
that list for me.

Then add in walking a distance
say around a grocery store.
You have my problem.

And, as I said, I am hopeful.
At least for today.

* * *
~ JC ~

No comments:

Wave