Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Melting

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My soul is buried at the moment.
I have been through the wave of being.
Landed in the valley of unknown.
Sat thinking in numbness.
Hoping this will all go away.
I just want me back.
I want this to all go beyond.
Only as I type this, I have parts.
Hidden within the body that is fighting me.
I've had two surgeries and am waiting for the third.
I would like to say that I am fixed.
On that lovely road back to being me.
Only the second surgery hurt my back.
The first surgery was on my back.
So, now as I wait for the third,
I know that the progress that was made
is back to what it was.
Just waiting for me to wake up.
For me to give up.
For me to melt.
And, I'm really very close to doing that.
Just saying ...

~ JC ~

1 comment:

Webster said...

JC, You are strong. You are a fighter. And it is too cold out there to melt. Just sayin'.

Hope your next surgery to fix what the last one broke goes well.

Wave